These paper fan decorations are so easy to make….it’s downright addicting! Made with colored copier paper, the variations are endless: solids fans, 2-tone, or multicolored. Paper fans are equally lovely hung by string from the ceiling or tacked up to a wall behind a table. We’ve even strung them together to make a giant garland! You really can use your imagination and feel free to experiment when things are made from cheap, non-precious, materials.
Here is a video to show you how to make the paper fans and hang them as decorations, from the ceiling, using Command adhesive hooks:
In addition, here are the step-by-step instructions for what is shown in the video
Neon paper in assorted colors (office supply stores usually sell an assortment pack), glue stick, hole punch, string (we used neon craft cord), Command adhesive hooks.
1) Fold 8 ½” X 11″ paper into 1-inch sections, accordion style
2) Trim off residual paper that doesn’t fold equally
3) Fold entire accordion of paper in half, pressing down to fold well
4) Repeat 4 times with varying colors of paper
5) Take each folded segment and glue the two folded halves together
6) Glue each folded segment to the next one, resulting in 5 segments forming a circle
7) Choose top end of fan and punch hole with hole puncher
8) String neon cord through hole for hanging
We love how the paper fans move & turn with the slightest breeze. This definitely makes for awe-inspiring party decor!
Make sure to check back later in the week for Part 3 of our Neon Party how to series! Did you see Part 1?
If you like these DIY videos from KIN Community, make sure to sign up to subscribe!
-Susie & Heidi